Full Time Employee
JOC Lead (Job Number:426776)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, CCMD Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Joint Operations Center (JOC) Lead shall serve as the technical lead for contractor personnel performing current operations functions. Serves as the primary point of contact for the current month?s JOC shift schedule and is responsible for coordinating with the JOC Director (during core duty hours) and the Battle Captain (outside of core duty hours) for any deviations, issues, or corrections that occur for any given shift period.
- Researches and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements
- Evaluates products against the customer?s operational requirements
- Assists with the implementation of security solutions
- Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests, and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues
- Applies advanced telecommunications knowledge of DOD Network designs and operations to analyze and define global network centric solutions
- Analyzes and evaluates voice/video, data system solutions and provide support for joint full spectrum (terrestrial and space) system and network integration
- Conducts enterprise assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations and security controls, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends appropriate remediation strategies
- Maintains thorough knowledge of DODIN operations, U.S. cyberspace operations community architecture, and potential defensive capabilities for countering cyber threats
- Assesses operational risks and issues, develops effective COAs and mitigation strategies, mediates, and coordinates actions
- Analyzes and reports on technical issues of current and future DOD plans, programs, policies, and activities related to the assessment of the DODIN
- Supports the design and development of networks and associated enterprise architectures
- Possesses a minimum of three years? experience supporting a 24X7X365 operations center watch floor
- Minimum nine or more (9+) years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area with a Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline; or seven (7) years of experience with a Masters degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Common Operating Picture, Situational Awareness Analytical Capabilities, or similar area
- A minimum of three years of experience with managing teams
- Minimum of DoD 8140/DoD8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISM; CISSP; GSLC)
- Demonstrated experience in a DOD organization that coordinates, synchronizes, and deconflicts DoD cyber forces and DoD Cyberspace Operations and integration of operational planning efforts for full-spectrum cyberspace operations.
- Experience with incident handling response, endpoint security capabilities, security monitoring capabilities, Secure Configuration Management (SCM), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution, Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring, or similar
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 12, 2017, 8:00:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job