Full Time Employee
Malware Analyst (Job Number:426822)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Malware Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Fort Meade, Maryland.
This task requires knowledge of computer network theory, ability to understand communication methods and malicious properties, and TTPs of advanced persistent threats. Additionally, this task requires technical knowledge of malware analysis, incident handling, ethical hacking, and drafting and implementing security incident response policies.
Daily activities include:
- Employs engineering techniques and processes to analyze software to identify vulnerabilities
- Re-creates programs to rebuild something similar to it, exploits its weaknesses, or strengthens its defenses
- Develops design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure
- Develops, researches, and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption
- Conducts vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems
- Ensures software standards are met; designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Performs in-depth detailed research of software and methodologies to build defensive and offensive technical capabilities for USCYBERCOM
- Participates in formal technical briefing and proposals
- Performs system analysis, reverse engineering, and static, dynamic, and best-practice malware analytical methodologies on Windows, Android, or UNIX ? based platforms.
- Has an in-depth understanding of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc.), malware and programming skills to include C/C++ and Assembly language, and detailed understanding of how network-based attacks work at the operating system and/or protocol level
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Malware Analyst with a Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline; or three (3) years of experience with a Master?s Degree.
- A minimum of DoD 8140/DoD 8570 IAM Level I Certification (CAP, GSLC, Security +)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2017, 6:52:47 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job