C4ISR Infrastructure Engineer (Job Number:426687)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a C4ISR Infrastructure Engineer. This position will be located in Honolulu, HI, and is contingent upon contract award.
The C4ISR Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Provide engineering support and subject matter expertise on technical inputs and recommendations for the Project.
- Perform engineering/technical analysis on operational and or system requirements and provide results, recommendations and rationale to project and program lead.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews, working group meetings, Integrated Planning Team (IPT) sessions, and other technical meetings as required.
- Provide inputs to the development of communications engineering design and implementation plans.
- Provide inputs to the development of plans that shall include site and equipment surveys, scheduling plans, work breakdown structure, and engineering analyses to optimize performance and meet system requirements.
- Provide inputs to the development of a design package including elements such as block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cabling diagrams, signal flow diagram, and other miscellaneous details and diagrams for the Project.
- The Infrastructure engineer shall ensure cable infrastructure design meets project requirements for performance and growth.
- Provide inputs to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) Team with developing design packages including the Systems Requirements Review (SRR), Top Level Design Review (TLDR): System Design Review (SDR) Critical Design Review (CDR) and the Final System Design Document, Configuration Management Plan, Quality Assurance (QA) Plan, Procurement Plan, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Strategy, System Operation Verification Test (SOVT) Strategy, and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Strategy.
Bachelor?s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems management, mathematics, physical sciences, operations research, or statistics from an accredited college or university. In addition to educational requirement, a minimum of eight (8) years of related experience to include:
- Five (5) years of actual infrastructure design experience for Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) cabling infrastructure. (This does NOT include hands on installation, drafting or executing designs by a senior design engineer).
- Seven (7) years of experience in the design, integration and installation of complex information technology (IT) systems, communication systems, configuration management and control systems, computer systems and related subsystems. Experience should reflect ability to develop and apply management techniques required for the successful implementation of installation design projects.
- Experience with SPAWAR design or installation projects.
- Working familiarity with but not limited to the following regulations and publications:
- United Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- National Electrical Code (NEC aka NFPA 70), specifically Articles 100, 250, 300, 770 and 800.
- National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) for OSP
- BISCI Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) for ISP
- Telecommunications Industry Association (ANSI/TIA)
- A thorough understanding of transmission line concepts and the characteristics of various transmission media and the performance which can be provided to support various IT systems.
- Active Secret clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 14, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job