Full Time Employee
Cyber Operations Engineer III (Job Number:426837)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Contractor shall assist in identifying requirements and making recommendations for the prioritization of requirements for development. The Contractor shall support USCYBERCOM?s requirements process through facilitation of and participation in requirement boards and working group activities.
Daily activities include:
- Researches and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements
- Evaluates products against the Customer?s operational requirements
- Assists with the implementation of security solutions
- Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turn around market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues
- Develops, integrates, and maintains operational TTPs and SOPs
- Recommends network management policies and procedures for implementation
- Identifies DODIN OPS and DCO enterprise management tool requirements and evaluates operational standards and tools for use
- Maintains in-depth knowledge in IT standards, protocols, and methods of exploitation
- Coordinates network defense operations with DOD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FAs), Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement (LE), and U.S. Government organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ten (10) years or more experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related function with a Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or seven (7) years of experience with a Masters Degree.
- Minimum DoD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level III Certification (CISM, CISSP, GSCL)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2017, 7:30:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job