Full Time Employee
Sr. Network Engineer (Job Number:427042)
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer in Springfield, VA.
- Support of the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO), and Data Service Line (DSL) Network Engineer.
- Deploying/maintaining Cisco and other Network devices as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions and knowledge of local and wide-area networks.
- Constructs, tests and implements integrated Network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer.
- Participates in day-to-day orders, Special Projects, and trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and change requests for the data Network
- Must be able to write and execute detailed Network implementations; generate bill of materials, and basis of estimates unassisted.
- Provide Network performance statistic and reports and recommend technical enhancements to the Network
- Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advices management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data.
- Provides technical consulting on high level Network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies.
- Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Extensive client interaction with primary focus of achieving and surpassing client project goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience.
- Active Secret, Top Secret, or Top Secret-SCI clearance in good standing.
- 5 years of experience in core routing and switching experience
- Implementation of networking best practices
- CCNA, CNAP, or CCDP certified.
- Extensive Cisco background
- Very strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco router, switch
- Experience conducting site surveys and organizing the documentation in to an Engineering plan that can be used to
- Expert skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Static Routing
- Experience with OSPF, BGP and static routes
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer.
- The ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job