Technical Writer (Job Number:426992)
SAIC is seeking qualified Technical Writers to support the Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 200 for Technical Compliance and Audits. The successful candidate will:
- Plan and coordinate daily the efforts to assist in verification and documentation of Standard Items, Local Standard Items, Specifications, and Process Control Procedures (PCP?s) employed in the conduct of the maintenance on critical systems are technically correct. Provide technical documentation support for Non-DTS Entry Agent (NDEA) in support of MARMC-RMC Chief Engineer and division of personnel.
- Be responsible for maintaining and tracking the status, prioritization, review documentation and storage (in an electronic library) of all WCDs.
- Assist assigned Senior Engineers in the review and evaluation of engineering aspects of the Quality Management Program (QMP).
- Provide technical documentation support to the MARMC Self Audit program, Engineering Compliance Program and Maintenance Team Process.
- Prepare and present technical information to appropriate levels. Support meeting and conference initiatives to convey sound technical decision making information for fleet and type commanders.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree in engineering or other related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five (5) years general experience with Project Management, Engineering, Financial Analysis, Administrative and Technical efforts the surface ship repair, installation, operation.
- Demonstrate analytic and evaluative work, to include problem resolution in a variety of administrative areas to include investigative and recommended solutions to problems related to program or project processes and procedures.
- Provide examples of research using publications, drawings, instructions and results of studies conducted and / or research projects previously assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in assisting in the development and implementation of organizational / department instructions related metrics.
- Demonstrated strong background in organization and coordination of various tasks and the skills necessary to de-conflict and resolve schedule conflicts using established guidelines as well as innovative processes to accomplish the work assigned
OTHER GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Navy maintenance programs and reporting, familiarity with NAVSEA and OEM drawing interpretation and review, and be able to translate this information to written guidance, interpreting detailed repair publications.
- Experience with and knowledge in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and working with computers to document maintenance activities using digital photos.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, organizing, tracking the status and prioritization of engineering documents (both physical and electronic records).
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: An active DOD Secret clearance and the ability to maintain it.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Less than 10%.
LOCATION: Norfolk VA
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2017, 9:05:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job