Full Time Employee
Solutions Architect - Cloud Engineer (Job Number:427019)
Are you a Cloud Engineer ready to take your career to the next level as a Solutions Architect? Are you ready to design and implement complete IT systems with a focus on virtualization, cloud automation and virtualized networks?
The Digital Infrastructure Service Line at SAIC currently has an opening for a Cloud Engineer in Huntsville, AL. This position is directly responsible for:
- Analyzing business and technical requirements and translating them into technical solutions leveraging cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Integrate newly developed and existing applications into private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- Develop systems engineering artifacts.
- Create training materials and mentor other team members with regards to operation of the virtual infrastructure.
- Our Virtual Environment Engineer role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects.
- You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority.
- You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
- Deep understanding of the implementation and administration of type 1 and type 2 hypervisor solutions
- Strong exposure to either AWS or Azure public cloud provider(s)
- Experience in design, implementation and configuration of private cloud infrastructure on top of a vitalization environment with either VMware or OpenStack based toolsets
- Understanding of traditional datacenter storage, converged and hyper-converged storage architectures; including but not limited to NetApp, NAS, ZFS, NFS, etc
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP stack; ability to create and troubleshoot moderate to complex network architectures, using a variety of vendor product sets, to identify bottlenecks and/or problem areas
- Programming background with a moderate to high level of exposure to REST and SOAP based web services
- Experience with configuration management, automated build, continuous integration/deployment and other ?DevOps? enabling toolsets
- Software Development background with deep understanding of design of high availability, failover and system redundancy engineering
- In-depth understanding of tradeoffs in implementation of virtualization solutions
- Ability to critically compare various products in a non-biased manner, regardless of personal understanding of a given product suite
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming and Design concepts (OOP) and Design Patterns, including Anti-Patterns
- Working knowledge of the VMware VCAC API
- Working knowledge of VMware tools suite (vCenter, VCO, VCAC, VCD, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services offerings and design of applications for deployment on the AWS infrastructure
- Ability to perform administrative tasks against Active Directory infrastructures
- Ability to perform systems administration tasks against systems you are responsible for (Windows Server, Linux, UNIX, etc.)
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 24, 2017, 11:19:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job