Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer (Job Number:427112)
SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in support of NSWC IH (Picatinny) on an engineering, technical, and logistics support contract for Gun Systems and PHS&T. This effort is performed in the assigned offices near the Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey. The Naval Gun Systems include a broad range of systems, and the Senior System Engineer is one of two technical engineering leads for work that includes logistics, systems, maintenance, test and evaluation, and acquisition engineering. It also encompasses technical support in areas such as engineering analysis, program support, computer management analysis, inventory management, and secure asset staging management. The contract effort supports the Naval Gun Systems for minor, medium and major caliber gun systems. It also is engaged in supporting the Navy's engineering functions for developing, testing and certifying packaging, handling, storage and transportation (PHS&T) for a wide variety of containers and handling equipment for ordnance items.
- This is a senior level position requiring little supervision to develop top level and detailed engineering designs, and develop optimized engineering solutions to complex problems.
- Must be able to direct, manage, and participate in developing specifications, evaluating design/technology options, equipment testing, system architectures, and engineering documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation such as engineering change proposals. Must be capable of preparing complex reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Provides analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes, and principles of management.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Required: Secret
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The incumbent requires a Master's degree in Science/Arts in a recognized engineering, scientific, technical, or business management discipline from an accredited college or university with eight (8) years of related professional experience, with five (5) years of that experience in the design, development, fabrication, manufacturer, modification, test and evaluation, installation, integration, and training, with regard to gun weapon systems and other related systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in a project related discipline plus a total of ten (10) years of related professional experience may be substituted, or a minimum of fifteen years qualifying experience without a degree may be substituted.
- Must have knowledge and experience in work planning, task scheduling, work progress assessments, and reviews with Government clients.
- Must direct and supervise junior technical staff, prepare complex technical documentation, conduct technical reviews, and make technical presentations.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 27, 2017, 2:33:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-NJ-FAIRFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job