Naval Gun Systems & PHS&T Program Manager (Job Number:427115)
SAIC has a career opportunity for a Program Manager to support an ARMY customer in Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Program Manager will manage the Gun Systems and PHS&T engineering, technical, and logistics support contract for the NSWC Indian Head (Picatinny Department) contract. This effort is performed in the assigned offices near the Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey. The systems supported include logistics, systems, maintenance, test and evaluation, and acquisition engineering. It also encompasses engineering technical support in areas such as engineering analysis, program support, computer management analysis, inventory management, and secure asset staging management. The contract effort supports Naval Gun Systems including minor, medium and major caliber gun systems. It also is engaged in supporting the Navy's packaging, handling, storage and transportation (PHS&T) engineering functions.
- Clearance Level Required: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Master's degree in the Science/Arts (MS/MA) in a recognized engineering, scientific, technical, or business management discipline from an accredited college or university with seven (7) years of related professional experience. -OR- A Bachelor's degree in a project related discipline with ten (10) years professional experience may be substituted.
- Two (2) years experience must be in the direction and management of large scale Government programs with ten (10) or more individuals.
- The candidate must have experience in at least two of the following areas: gun weapon systems, ordnance and environmental engineering, knowledge of compliance issues in Federal, State, Local environmental and OSH regulations.
- Candidate must have knowledge of DoD policies and directives.
- Candidate should have experience with automated systems to include database maintenance and ad hoc reporting.
- Must have ability to analyze and prepare documentation and possess the ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Activities include obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating complex textual and/or quantitative information in order to make comparisons among alternative or to make recommendation for corrections or improvements in processes, operations, or policies.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates planning and production of all contract activities.
- Interfaces with client management including the Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Recruits personnel necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Establishes and alters (as necessary) program organization to provide effective contract support.
- Assigns, schedules, and provides quality assurance of project team deliverable.
- Ensure conformance to task specifications and contract provisions.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 27, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NJ-FAIRFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job