Full Time Employee
Financial Reporting Senior Analyst (Job Number:427188)
The SAIC corporate Finance Department has an opening for a Financial Reporting Senior Analyst. This position is located in Mclean, VA. This role will play a critical role in SAIC?s monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation of SAIC?s quarterly and annual financial filings on SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K. This position reports to the Accounting Manager of Financial Reporting within SAIC?s Office of the Corporate Controller.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Timely and accurate preparation of SAIC?s quarterly and annual Reports on SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, including the drafting and review of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations including:
- Performing quality assurance reviews of SEC documents
- Preparing and reviewing work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of the SEC filings
- Performing and reviewing fluctuation analyses on account variances
- Collecting, synthesizing and processing edits received from management, auditors, and attorneys
- Coordinating the collection of non-financial or other information included in the SEC filings and applying professional judgment and skepticism in its review
- Performing quality assurance reviews on XBRL tags
- Interacting with the internal and external audit teams to facilitate the quarterly review and annual audit process
- Supporting other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, conference call scripts, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
- Participation in the month-end close and consolidation process
- Maintaining compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Maintaining up-to-date process documentation (e.g. desktop procedures); recommending and implementing process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Supporting ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Assisting in performing research and documenting compliance with SEC rules and regulations, US GAAP, and other authoritative guidance
- Other special projects as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience in financial reporting, including 2 years working in a public accounting firm on public company audits.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their application to the preparation of quarterly and annual financial filings on form 10Q, 10K, and 8K.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2017, 2:55:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job