Full Time Employee
Hardware Engineer - PA&C (Job Number:427202)
Hardware Engineer (PA&C) The individual selected for this position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the customer by providing advice and guidance necessary to resolve challenges with the area of specialization with operating hardware devices, storage components, and the design and develop of physical devices. This includes facilitating and organizing cross community forums with partners, industry, and academia to collaborate and exchange ideas and methodologies to overcome technical challenges. Additional areas of responsibility include conducting research in hardware devices, developing processes, resolving issues associated with integration of hardware and software, and providing technical documentation. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging.
- Under general direction, designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, communications, and display.
- Analyzes equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design. Determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives.
- Coordinates and consults with research engineers or scientists and customer representatives to resolve design problems.
- Develops and maintains technical procedures, documentation and manuals. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- 14+ years of professional and relevant experience and a bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
- Master?s degree in a field relevant to a technical function being supported
- Minimum 4 years? experience working in the customer?s domain
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2017, 6:23:39 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job