Network Engineer (Job Number:427199)
Network Engineer The individual selected for this position will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) providing an in-depth understanding of technology to enable implementation and to provide the advice and guidance necessary to resolve challenges with the area of specialization with Network communication. This includes facilitating and organizing cross community forums with partners, industry, and academia to collaborate and exchange ideas and methodologies to overcome technical challenges. Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Conducting technical assessments for communications networks and analyzing security protocol.
- Designing and planning Network communications systems.
- Providing specifications and detailed schematics for Network architecture.
- Conducting cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducting tests of Network design.
- Responsible for monitoring Network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the Network.
- Advises Network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of Network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the Network.
- Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- 14+ years of professional and relevant experience and a bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job