Full Time Employee
Configuration Management - Expert (Job Number:427197)
CM-Expert (2 Positions)
- Establishes and maintains Configuration and data Management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of Configuration and data Management requirements.
- Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control.
- Designs and establishes Configuration Management documentation.
- Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system Configuration changes specified by Management and other functional groups through the Request-For- Change process.
- Operates Configuration Management tools to support Configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing. Performs Configuration Management and release engineering tasks to ensure new Configuration Management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Train requirement engineers in the use of Configuration Management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards.
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees.
- Works with standard commercial software products used for Configuration Management
- Manage the baseline Configuration for related work artifacts as required.
- Assist project team in defining and documenting project Configuration items.
- Control, track, and report changes to Configuration items; Manage and track changes to program baselines, schedules, and progress in achieving control gates.
- Develop and implement CM processes and procedures as defined in Governance documentation.
- Scheduling and running of various customer groups' internal engineering review panels, program review boards, partnership meetings, program Management boards.
- Shall ensure that agendas, request-for- changes, and any other required documentation are disseminated to all appropriate participants.
- Maintain and update all Configuration controlled documents needed for meeting and boards. Include leveraging and creating shared network file structures, maintaining SharePoint Site repository for documents.
- Clearance Level Required: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- 9+ years of experience and a Bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
- TS/SCI with Poly required
- Master?s degree in a field relevant to a technical function being supported
- Minimum 4 years? experience working in the customer?s domain
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2017, 6:02:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job