Installation Manager Military Sealift Command (Job Number:426865)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Installation Manager to support Military Sealift Command (MSC). This position is contingent upon contract award and located in Norfolk, VA.
The Installation Manager serves as the primary interface between the providers of new technology and the operations support. MSC requires an Installation Manager to 1) review proposed insertions/upgrades for completeness, compatibility, and maturity, 2) develop and coordinate deployment plans, 3) ensure updates to supporting documents/systems (logistics systems (e.g. ShipClip), maintenance systems (e.g. SAMM), SOPs, Helpdesk guidance, training manuals, policy statements, etc.) that will enable successful operation of the new capability, and 4) provide a single view of the status of ship upgrades.
The Installation Manager will have demonstrated experience providing integration planning and implementation support for organizations and systems similar to those described in this Contract. The Installation Manager shall have experience with deployment of diverse and dispersed systems over large geographic areas.
The Installation Manager shall have experience integrating:
- Enterprise-wide Software Applications
- Computer Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
- WAN Connectivity
- LAN Hardware
The Installation Manager shall have experience with C4S system deployments using DoD, MSC and DoN policies and procedures (e.g. TRANSALT policies and DITSCAP). The Installation Manager shall have demonstrated experience with system deployments that led to successfully supported operational systems. The Installation Manager shall have experience in the following technology areas: Microsoft WINDOWS server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, LOTUS Notes, CITRIX, WMware, McAfee, and CISCO router.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of overall related experience
- The Installation Manager (IM) shall have a minimum of five (5) years? experience managing all phases of implementing C4 capabilities; to include design and production, logistics, installation, and test and evaluation procedures.
- The IM shall have experience coordinating and directing quality assurance efforts to ensure C4 capabilities are installed according to approved specifications.
- The IM shall have experience with managing the deployment of diverse C4 capabilities across a globally dispersed installation area.
- The IM shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of the C4 capabilities installed across MSC platforms.
- The IM shall have a firm understanding of the MSC policies governing the installation of C4 capabilities on MSC vessels; to include COMSC Instruction 4700.2H, ALTERATION MANAGEMENT FOR MSC SHIPS, and COMSC Instruction 4790.3C, EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION DATA MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTIC SUPPORT FOR SHIPS OF THE MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND.
- This position requires a minimum SECRET clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 2, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job