Sustainment Manager Military Sealift Command (Job Number:426873)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Sustainment Manager to support Military Sealfit Command. This position is contingent upon contract award and located in Norfolk, VA.
The Sustainment Manager (SM) shall demonstrate background and knowledge appropriate to manage the day-to-day trouble-shooting and repair of shipboard MSC C4S systems. The SM shall have experience in design, installation, and operation of MSC C4S systems, including Navy C4S Program of Record systems such as ISNS/COMPOSE. Shall have experience in developing new processes to meet emergent requirements or to reduce time and cost. This manager shall have a general knowledge of MSC C4S systems and MSC shipboard operations. This includes the standards, procedures, missions, and goals and day-to-day workings of MSC fleet operations.
- Conduct annual review and provide updates of existing reference materials and SOPs pertaining to shipboard communication systems as required by the Government.
- Conduct technical research and resolve shipboard problems associated with ship communication systems as needed.
- Provide technical services support, as required, to collect and analyze test data, provide comprehensive technical reports including recommendations on policy, procedures and equipment.
- Perform performance verification tests and Pre-Installation Technical Check Outs (PITCO). Conduct SOVT and provide reports to the Government.
- Provide support to ship Operating Companies for new communication systems. This includes, but is not limited to, technical support visits and briefings.
- Respond to communication systems trouble calls via telephone, remote access, electronic mail, or on-site.
- Conduct Communications Systems Grooms on ships that require system overhaul, maintenance, and upgrades during ship availabilities. Includes, but not limited to, technical support visits and briefings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors is preferred and five (5) years or more experience
- The Sustainment Manager (SM) shall have a minimum of five (5) years? experience managing network and communications break/fix repair actions and casualty repair actions across a highly dispersed geographic area.
- The SM shall have experience managing a globally dispersed and highly technical workforce.
- The SM shall have experience managing the sustained operations of diverse C4 systems using industry best practices for customer support, configuration management, security and disaster recovery.
- The SM shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of the C4 capabilities installed across MSC platforms.
- The SM shall have a firm understanding of the MSC policies governing the installation of C4 systems on MSC vessels; to include COMSC Instruction 4700.2H, ALTERATION MANAGEMENT FOR MSC SHIPS, and COMSC Instruction 4790.3C, EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION DATA MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTIC SUPPORT FOR SHIPS OF THE MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND.
- The SM shall be experienced in supervising, planning, organizing, and directing complex C4S installation projects and in supporting C4S infrastructure in the shipboard environment
- Managing the technical workforce performing installation and maintenance of shipboard LAN and Communications systems.
- Ensuring timely Information Assurance upgrades (e.g. IAVAs) on the fleet systems.
- Assigning Tier II trouble call support for both hardware and Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) software.
- Coordinating Tier III support as required to resolve shipboard problems.
- Providing feedback regarding installed systems, recommending changes when needed to support the operational requirements of the fleet.
- Providing expert consulting services for technology issues as they relate to shipboard systems.
- Providing a single view of fleet C4S status.
- Documenting and reporting configuration changes.
- Maintaining currency of as-is documentation (e.g. configuration documents, SOPs etc.).
- Requires a minimum SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 2, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job