Full Time Employee
E-Site Database Engineer Level 3 - CO (Job Number:427284)
- Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
- Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, database loading software
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC)
- Develops requirements from project's inception to its conclusion for a particular business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems)
- Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; update existing queries, create new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
- Establishes database management systems, standards, requirements, guidelines and quality assurance for database deliverables, such as conceptual design and architecture, logical database, capacity planning, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
- Specific responsibilities of the Database Engineer include working with clients to translate business requirements into a logical model that will accurately support and represent the client?s entity relationship and flow of data including: developing the appropriate database framework to convert the logical model into a physical model including the creation and maintenance of schemas containing windows, screens, tables and columns and reports that support the model; and making recommendations to maximize operating efficiency, support storage requirements and vendor software updates, enforce data governance, ensure recovery is maintained. Also, participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Works under general direction on routine work. May receive guidance on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Clearance Level Required: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; or relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 2, 2017, 3:18:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-AURORA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job