Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Oracle DBA (Job Number:427347)
SAIC is looking for a Principal Oracle Database Administrator to join our Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) team in Washington, DC.
- Principal Oracle Database Administrators on our team provide technical leadership to teams modernizing and enhancing the PBGC Information Technology Infrastructure.
- The customer is undertaking a major migration of Oracle 11 to Oracle 12c. Migration requirements for this position include Oracle Middle Tier technologies such as Oracle SOA suite, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle BI Publsher, EDQ, ODI and Oracle Identiy Management (OID, SSO, and Oracle Access Manager).
- This effort will have significant focus on the design and construction phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and demonstrated experience in working independently and capable of working in team environment; experience providing technical leadership to junior staff; demonstrated excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience must demonstrate a progressively more technically complex responsibilities during the candidate's professional career.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and collaborates technical expertise with external teams.
- As a Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of Oracle Applications, database, and database administration tools in an Oracle 12c environment. You will work actively with peers and users to resolve project issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of related IT and Oracle database and applications experience.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a US public trust clearance.
- The successful candidate must have at least twelve months experience with Oracle 12c Fusion Middleware server and SOA. Must have strong communication skills, motivated, self- starter, and a solid understanding of requirements analysis and verification.
- Oracle Databae 12c certifications are desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 4, 2017, 9:09:47 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job