Full Time Employee
U.S. Navy Interior Communications (Navigation) Technician (Job Number:427400)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a U.S. Navy Interior Communications (Navigation) Technician/SME. Position will be located in Norfolk, VA and aboard ships INCONUS/OCONUS or at sea. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Navy Interior Communications (Navigation) Technician will provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC), Code 282, to perform technical assistance, assessments, inspections, functional checks and program review support on U.S. Navy ships. The successful candidate will provide liaison support of varying levels by communicating daily to establish processes, conduct business, resolve scheduling and milestone date problems for the various IC/Navigation products and support efforts for MARMC IC Navigation Branch Head and/or Technical Points of Contacts. The work also includes establishing refurbishment requirements from C5RA/TSRA/ICMP reviews and/or Material Condition Assessments and maintaining a Combat Systems Maintenance Plan, as well as attend various meetings with port engineer, TYCOM, MARMC, SERMC, ISEA, ship and other stakeholders.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Active DOD Secret
REQUIRED GENERAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- A minimum of six (6) years in-depth knowledge troubleshooting, repairing and assessing shipboard Navigation systems including ECDIS-N.
- Documented classroom training for and in-depth knowledge of and experience with shipboard IC/Navigation systems, specifically Integrated Bridge Network System (IBNS) VER 9.0 through 9.3, Scalable IBS VER 7.0 and 8.0 for CG/DG CLASS Ships, NAVSSI BLOCK 4 systems and, PRE-NAVCERT (Navigation Certification).
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
A minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience on each of the listed systems. Experience may be concurrent: a. IBNS 9.0 through 9.3 and VMS for DDG Class Ships and demonstrate experience with:
- Network Switch and KVM Switch Configuration
- Radar rack troubleshooting for All IBNS Configured UNITS
- T/S and Configuring the IBNS ENL (Emergency Navigation Laptop)
- IBNS Training Simulator Setup and Integration.
- T/S Firewall / router programming / imaging for S-IBS and IBNS Units
- b. NAVSSI BLOCK 4 Systems for all MARMC CLASS Ships
- c. PRE-NAVCERT T/S and Testing experience for all MARMC CLASS Ships
- d. S-IBS and VMS 7.0 and 8.0 for DGG and CG Class Ships and shall demonstrate experience with:
- T/S of DAE / DAU Ship Set 8 and Ship Set 9+.
- Network Switch and KVM Switch Configuration for CG-IBS
- Radar rack troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently or as part of a maintenance team
- Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 25%
PASSPORT REQUIRED: A valid unexpired U.S. Passport is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 9, 2017, 2:42:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job