Full Time Employee
U.S Navy Interior Communications Technician (Job Number:427401)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a U.S. Navy Interior Communications Technician. This position will be located in Norfolk, VA as well as INCONUS/OCONUS Ships in port or at sea. This posiiton is contingent upon contract award.
The Interior Communications Tech will provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC), Code 282, to perform technical assistance, assessments, inspections, functional checks and program review support on U.S. Navy ships. The successful candidate will provide troubleshooting, inspection, and assessment support of the following navigation systems: all variants of AVAYA/STC-2/IVN/MARCOM Telephone Systems, USQ-82 GEDMS/DMS Network Systems, Legacy Telephone Systems and MK84 400HZ Systems. Support provided will include system installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting connectivity problems including peripheral, interfaced and support systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Active DOD Secret
REQUIRED GENERAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Demonstrated completion of classroom training for AN/USQ-82 Gigabyte Data. Multiplexing System (GEDMS) or having earned NEC 4739.
- Demonstrated completion of classroom training for MK84 400HZ Water Cooled Power Systems.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in- depth knowledge in troubleshooting, repairing and assessing shipboard AVAYA IVN, STC-2 and MARCOM Telephone systems.
- A minimum of eight (8) years in-depth knowledge troubleshooting, repairing and assessing shipboard Navigation systems including MK27F FIBER Gyros.
A minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience on each of the listed systems below. Experience may be concurrent:
- TELEPHONE SYSTEMS: AVAYA IVN / STC-2 / MARCOM
- USQ-82 GEDMS (Gigabit Digital Multiplexing Network) NEC 4739
- NAVIGATION SYSTEMS: MK27F, WSN-8B DHYSL, WSN-7A, WSN-7B.
- MK84 400HZ Water Cooled Systems
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Ability to work independently or as part of a maintenance team,
- Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 10%
PASSPORT REQUIRED: A valid unexpired U.S. Passport is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 9, 2017, 2:41:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job