Full Time Employee
E-Site Cyber Analyst Level 3 - Cookeville (Job Number:427421)
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Conducts threat modeling exercises.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Periodically conducts a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
- May provide briefings to senior staff. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Primarily internal company contacts.
- Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Works under general direction on routine work.
- May receive guidance on new projects or assignments.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure As needed, design and develop IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment
- Assess threats to the environment
- Provide inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures
- Participate in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; or relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Counter Intelligence with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience working with Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Agile Foundation Certification, CompTIA Security+ Certification, DevOps Foundation certificate
- Computer Technology: Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM), Cyber, DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2017, 3:16:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-COOKEVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job