Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer (Job Number:426783)
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineering to support the designing, building and maintenance of Mode Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and models.
- This position will require interaction with other Systems Engineers to interpret requirements and develop the models necessary to capture, track and provide life cycle manage of system requirements and support the development of innovative solutions to weapons systems design, integration and test.
- This position will involve the use MBSE tools to identify program requirements and relationships and manage the execution of the systems engineering process.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Participate in all phases of the Strategic Weapons Systems (SWS) specification, analysis, design, verification and validation utilizing MBSE tools can capabilities.
- Work on requirements use- case development, and supporting documentation, for a Program of Record. Record software architecture in a general purpose modeling language for systems engineering applications such as Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving requirements and technology trends
- Support technical and risk assessments
- Ensure integration risks are effectively addressed in program risk management and system engineering processes
- Work with other development, architecture, and product development teams
- Work with other SWS contractors on technical design/specifications, development, testing and deployment to ensure the product meets the requirements
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Math , System Engineering, or equivalent industry experience Experience: 1-3 years Object Oriented design / development experience -
- Familiarity with MBSE tools and procedures
- Experience with and understanding of object oriented design
- Understanding system interface requirements and requirements management
- An understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- An understanding of model based engineering including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, etc
- Experience with SYSML is desired
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work as a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair- programming environment
- Strong analytical and technical documentation skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 15, 2017, 5:41:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job