full-time employee contract
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Peform assessments and evauations to support certification of the capability of potential New Entrant launch vehicle providers to provide launch services for the Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space (NSS) Mission.
· Perform assessments of launch vehicle provider's system safety processes and procedures
· Perform AFSPCMAN 91-710 compliance evaluation on the flight safety systems and assessment of the associated System Safety Program Plan and other range safety documents and plans with respect to range safety requirements.
· Assess the formal plan for explosive facilities and areas required per AFSPCMAN 91-710 and DoD 6055.9-STD detailing explosive quantity operating and storage limits and restrictions, and resultant distance clearances requirements.
· Assess Ground Operations Plan for detailed description of hazardous and safety critical operations for processing aerospace systems and their associated ground support equipment.
· Assess operating procedures and schedules that include equipment, systems, events, and situations with an existing or potential conditions that may result in a mishap.
· Assess the Facility Safety Data Package for description of hazardous and safety critical operations for processing aerospace systems and their associated ground support equipment.
· Assess the data requirements used to produce the final set of operation rules and flight control criteria and ensures data complies with the conditions of the PFPA and data format requirements.
· Create reports and risk assessments and document Safety assessments
· Orovide liaison with SMC/LE Safety and Environmental personnel and CCAFS Range Safety and Environmental organizations.
· Report to the Lead Systems Engineer at LAAFB to coordinate safety tasks at LAAFB, CA, including interfaces with SMC/LE safety and SMC/SE, SMC/EN staff offices.