Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
IT Systems Engineer (Job Number:427705)
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for an IT Systems Engineer to support the NAVSEA EITO/CIO Message Center at the Washington Naval Yard.
- This is a fulltime position to support the NAVSEA with system administration, security compliance and completion of all relevant technical tasks.
- The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop upgrades to keep pace with current and evolving technology and requirements.
- Candidate will interface with end-users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must.
- Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES - The candidate will assist/support:
- System administration, security compliance, and secure configuration
- Completion of relevant technical tasks as directed
- Operating system software/environmental standards review and enforcement
- Operating system/utility software acquisition, installation, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Operating system/utility software configuration management
- Network Software generation/definition
- Local configuration management and documentation
- Evaluate, initiate and implement upgrades to keep pace with current technology and requirements
- Maintain Vulnerability Management System (VMS)
- Assist in the maintaining of the environment to highest possible STIG standards (includes reviewing SRR reports and reporting SRR violations)
- Assist and/or train customers as needed
This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of professional IT experience; OR, High School equivalent and 9+ years of experience.
- Cisco CCNP certification is required
- IAT Level II baselinecertification is required (Security + CE preferred)
- Minimum of an active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager VoIP
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange (5+ years)
- Experience with Naval Defense Messaging (5+ years)
- Experience with ACAS (3+ years)
- Knowledge of VMWare
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2017, 2:04:42 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job