Full Time Employee Contractor
CGI Federal is seeking an Agile Coach for a long-term project. This person will be responsible for leading the TSA?s Secure Flight organization through the transition from Waterfall to Agile. Responsibilities will also include monitoring and coaching the pilot team in real-time team ceremonies.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, problem identification and resolution for team members, such as project managers and development teams they support, regarding Agile software development principles and practices, Scrum and Kanban processes, teambuilding and facilitation.
- Coach and develop enterprise enhancements for government executives and other stakeholders to align expectations and improve performance and quality for results achieved with Agile development environments.
- Build symbiotic relationships and coalitions across organizational units and functions.
- Effectively incorporate client insights into team direction by working with management and product owners to establish feature delivery based on business value and priority.
- Facilitate positive change by providing advice and input on technical direction, tools and processes to help demonstrate the value of Agile Scrum and Kanban-based development.
- Act as a collaborative partner and Coach, participating in real-time to provide advice or assistance to teams and team members as they tackle and overcome difficult challenges.
- Drive improvement through examples and practical experience, taught in a non-academic delivery style that encourages the adoption of Agile technical practices, improving execution, communication and concurrently building group skills and capabilities.
- Associate's degree or higher.
- 5+ years of previous application development/system integration experience in a range of technical roles including Agile delivery (e.g. Agile PM/Scrum Master, Developer, Lead Developer, Business Analyst, Architect, Tester).
- 5+ years of having successfully deliver Agile releases using Agile practices/techniques.
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks at scale, including SAFe.
- Experience with meeting facilitation.
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills.
- 10+ years of previous application development/system integration experience in a range of technical roles including Agile delivery (e.g. Agile PM/Scrum Master, Developer, Lead Developer, Business Analyst, Architect, Tester).
- 10+ years of having successfully deliver Agile releases using Agile practices/techniques.
- Knowledgeable of federal and/or TSA strategic planning practices and procedures.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential Job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.