Full Time Employee
Linux System Administrator (Job Number:427825)
- Candidate must be familiar with most basic system administration tools and tasks.
- Must be able to cleanly boot and shutdown systems, add/remove user accounts, and maintain system database files (groups, hosts, aliases, etc.).
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux is required.
- Candidate should have experience with REMEDY ticketing system.
- Candidate should have understanding database administration skills associated with SQL and ORACLE databases.
- Candidate should have the ability to write user guides, systems development documentation, operations documentation, process workflows, ISO 9000 documentation, disaster recovery/continuity/contingency planning.
- Candidate must have very good human relations skills associated with technical involvement of the user community.
- At least five years? experience providing or supporting installation, maintenance, and administration of system software is required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills.
- *MUST PASS A NATIONAL AGENCY CHECK**
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline is required.
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- A Master's degree in an appropriate discipline will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of relevant experience.
- A doctoral or Ph.D. degree in an appropriate discipline will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience over and above the minimum experience requirements for the position will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree, when combined with a certification equivalent to PMP, ITIL, CISSP, CCNP, MCSE, MCSD, CPCM, or CPSM.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2017, 3:06:44 PM
Primary Location: United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job