Full Time Employee Contractor
The Application Software Developer will be a key contributor to the operational support and functional modifications of several production systems that support the US Navy. This effort requires experience with a broad set of software development skills and technologies to include development in web-based and client/server architectures.
The candidate selected for this role will work with limited direction and be a self-starter; consistently deliver high-quality services to clients; participate in generation of full SDLC products and mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
As a valued member of this team, the Application Software Developer should be able to perform and/or display several of the following core competencies such as:
· Possesses significant knowledge of the .NET Framework and/or Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
· Knowledge of C++, Powerbuilder or Embarcadero?s Delphi.
· Experience writing secure code following DISA Application Security and Development STIG and using tools such as Fortify, static code analysis is a strong plus.
· Experience with Crystal Reports and/or ActiveReports is a plus.
· Experience performing system builds and version control.
· Experience with team development tools such as SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server and with Configuration Management concepts generally.
· Knowledge of CMMI and experience specifically with Peer Reviews is a strong plus.
· Experience with Unit and Integration testing and preparation of testing documentation as required.
· Understanding and application of Agile software development techniques.
· Previous experience with computer systems in the Navy or NAVSEA domain a plus.
· Understands relational database concepts and has actively worked with relational databases for applications.
· Has successfully tuned Oracle SQL.
· Deep understanding of Oracle PL/SQL and the appropriate and effective use of Oracle database objects.
· Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL a plus.
· Experience with Gupta/Unify SQLBase a plus.
· Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings and works well in a dispersed team environment.
· Assist is creating and participating in Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) and Production Readiness Reviews (PRR).
· Development of User Documentation
· Perform System Demonstrations to the customer
· Possesses significant knowledge of client/server architecture and web-based platforms.
· Creates well designed, reusable objects.
· Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
· Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
· Assists with deployment efforts.
· Ability to quickly learn new emerging concepts and software.
Clearance Required: Secret
Position requires compliance with DoD 8570.01-M ?Information Assurance ? Technical? at Level 1 or greater.
Position will require compliance with NAVSEA?s annual Continuing Education Units requirements.