Full Time Employee
FUTURES Lab Senior Principal Software Engineer (Job Number:427808)
The FUTURES Lab Senior Principle Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to projects in support of development, improvement, and expansion of the FUTURES Lab capabilities.
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics; novel algorithms; extremely large datasets; real-time systems; or business management information systems, based upon documented requirements. Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports. Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and the use of COTS/GOTS software in lieu of new development.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met.
- TS/SCI with Poly
- Citizenship U.S. citizenship
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experienceMinimum 14 years of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, Human-Computer Interface design, computer graphics design, or similar
Extensive experience is required in the following technologies and languages:
- Java, C++, C#
- Development of graphics applications using OpenGL, WebGL, GLSL, Unity, CUDA, and OpenCL
- Development of computer graphics and 3D modeling applications
- Experience developing touch- and gesture-based interactive interfaces, including interfaces that integrate interactive data analytics
- Experience with operations of multi-monitor display walls and large pixel spaces
- Experience with the Microsoft Pixelsense library
- Development of software to support sensor integration with Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Experience with development and use of government data analysis tools
- Demonstrated success working in Agile development environments
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 26, 2017, 3:15:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job