Full Time Employee
JAVA Developer / Cooperative Analysis Models (CAM) Development Senior Software Engineer (Job Number:427918)
SAIC has an opening for a JAVA Developer / Cooperative Analysis Models (CAM) Development Senior Software Engineer who will be contributing to projects in support of CAM system development, improvement, and expansion.
Responsibilities or duties include:
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems such as processing-intensive analytics; novel algorithms; extremely large datasets; real-time systems; or business management information systems, based upon documented requirements.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports.
- Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and the use of COTS/GOTS software in lieu of new development.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- TS/SCI with poly
- U.S. citizenship required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or closely-related discipline required
- Travel - Minimal travel required for this position
Experience in the following technologies and areas:
- Software development in Java development environments, working in multiple-organization environments, developing documentation
- Designing multi- layered, complex systems, integrating COTS and open-source software, and developing complex analytics systems
- Demonstrated experience with COTS and open source tools, to include: Accumulo, MongoDB, Redis, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, Tomcat, Nginx, Kafka, Infoshpere Streams, Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with software development with Cooperative Analysis Models
- Experience with development of all aspects of data analytics, user interface capabilities, ontology services, and government data analysis tools
- Demonstrated success working in Agile development environments
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 26, 2017, 7:39:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job