Full Time Employee
Network Administrator (Job Number:427585)
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provide network design/architecture support
- Establish and maintain network operations capability
- Provide technical support (remote and local) for telecommunications protocols and network physical layers
- Provide technical support for local area networks (LANs), including design, development and implementation of new LANs and the expansion of existing networks
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support in multiple domains: Private Internet Exchange (PIX), Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Cisco Monitoring, Analysis and Response System (MARS), routing/switching, firewalls and Security
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of network and terminal equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, Type1 encryption equipment, and Channel Service Units (CSUs)
- Provide support for TCP/IP, UDP Multicast, OSPF, various WAN network mediums, legacy network systems such as SONET, LightWave ATM and TDM multiplexers, network timing systems, Local and Long-haul circuits and vendors.
- Provide support for various protocols for data transmission (RS-232, RS-530, T1, T3, ESF, D4, B8ZS, OC-3, OC-12, OC-48) OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) 7-layer model
- Support COMSEC requirements
- Clearance Level Required: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have Bachelor's degree, prefer 3 years experience.
- Security+ and CCNA required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 1, 2017, 5:59:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job