Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech is seeking talented engineers with skills and background related to project engineering and project management of launch vehicle and/or satellite systems in the areas of aerospace avionics systems, subsystems, and components
· Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air Force space launch program.
· Participate in system, sub-system and component design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
· Participate in technical Working Group and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
· Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable standards.
· Evaluate and track system, sub-system, and component issues, risks, and configuration changes.
· Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineering Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
· Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the resulting item.
· Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to assess and evaluate manufacturing plans against applicable standards.
· Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
· Assist AF customer create briefing packages suitable for senior management.
· Review the New Entrant process changes to determine impact to process stability
· Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts
· Strong work ethic, self-starter. Able to work independently.
· Strong team player
· Analytical and critical thinking skills
· Knowledge of aerospace avionics systems
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Knowledge and experience with government and commercial industry standards applicable to launch vehicles.
· Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
· Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Project tools.
· Excellent presentation skills
Other Skills Preferred:
A strong background in Systems Engineering concepts, and launch or satellite systems is highly desired