Full Time Employee Contractor
Help Desk/Applications Support Specialist (Tier 2)
CGI Federal is a leader in IT Services and applications support. We are the technical team supporting the DHS and their learning and performance review management system (PALMS) and are tasked with maximizing the value and effectiveness of mission critical applications.
- Function as an Application Support Specialist.
- Responding to issues escalated from Tier 1 support as well as customer-directed calls and VIP support.
- Able to open and manage/track tickets in ServiceNow.
- Respond or resolve issues in accordance with SLAs.
- Review SLAs and response and make recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate with developers and product teams.
- Research and develop temporary workaround solutions until a permanent solution can be implemented.
- 3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience supporting web-based applications
- Customer-facing support skills
- Troubleshooting and complex problem solving ability
- Exposure to .NET applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- ServiceNow a similar help desk tracking tool
- Willing an able to field urgent phone calls for quick resolution.
- Ability to track and document ongoing and resolved issues and their resolutions, to include specific attention to details.
- Experience with DHS or a DHS component
- Experience with learning management systems
- Experience with performance review systems
- Knowledge of performance appraisal cycles
- Experience with JIRA or RALLY
- .NET development experience
- MS SQL administration or data analytics support
- Familiarity with ad hoc reporting tools
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Government consulting experience
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.