Full Time Employee Contractor
the Release Delivery Manager is considered a Senior Member of the organization, and will manage large and complex projects to ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. the Release Delivery Manager is responsible for all aspects of project and product Delivery including, but not limited to, cost schedules, documentation preparation, and customer interaction following lean and agile practices. the Release Delivery Manager will provide leadership and guidance to lower levels of the project staff, and to others within the organization?s release management community. the Release Delivery Manager knows how to manage a continuous product backlog grooming process with product owners, the integrated product team and stakeholders. the Release Delivery Manager helps identify, coordinate and manage dependencies across teams and performs active risk management throughout the development and release lifecycle. the Release Delivery Manager has experience with lean work management practices, including Scrum and Kanban and can facilitate active communication between the customer and product teams to ensure contract deliverables are being fulfilled. the Release Delivery Manager develops and manages product release plans, consisting of frequent production releases, usability testing with users and production releases.
· Provide project management oversight, specifically manage the project schedules and release plans, provide status updates to all the team members and upper management, assess, manage, and report risks, develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
· Lead and direct all members of the release Delivery team to achieve project and product objectives
· Perform organization wide integration planning and provide interface to other functional systems within the project, program, and/or organization
· Develop and implement project and product management processes within the organization.
· Develop information radiators for customrs and teams.
· Manage client expectations with regard to projects and work with the client to turn ideas into future business opportunities
· Actively engage in change management with stakeholders to ensure successful acceptance and readiness of delivered solutions
· Identify barriers and risk factors that may inhibit or impede the project and define mitigation strategies
· Ensure that program meets or exceeds expectations by overseeing program activities, timeliness, budget and internal quality control standards
· Support and adhere to an identified System and Application Life Cycle , operational procedures, and security standards by following the required processes
· Manage customer expectations with regard to the program and related activities. Explore methods for improvement, and Make recommendations to company management and customers for improving and/or enhancing the program
· Ensure that release Delivery team members are fully utilized or made available to support other projects to meet the requirements.
· Ability to develop release plans, accounting for product owner?s prioritization of the backlog, team?s velocity and customer deliverables and deadlines.
· Ability to work with the product owner and the product team to manage a continuous product backlog grooming process
· Ability to work within a lean UX and lean engineering culture
· Possess a strong attention to detail
· Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
· Demonstrate strong collaboration and teaming skills. the ability to listen and consider input from other team members
· 12+ years of progressive experience in the information technology services industry required; with previous experience managing large to complex projects preferred
· PMP and/or Agile certification strongly desired
· Release management experience using agile methodologies
· Experience working on government healthcare projects