Full Time Employee
Manufacturing Buyer (Job Number:428114)
Did you leave college wanting to make a difference? Do you enjoy a challenge and like learning something new each day? Do you have an engineering or engineering tech and procurement background? If so, SAIC currently has a job opening for a Manufacturing Buyer, in Charleston, SC to support Platform Integration Programs. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of moderate dollar value, risk, and complexity and will report to the Purchasing Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures.
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance
- Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure RFP packages and orders are accurate and complete
- Work independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Acquisition Regulations
A Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or related field and 2 + years of related procurement experience in a production environment OR an Associate?s degree in Engineering, Technology or related field and 4 years of related procurement experience in manufacturing environment. The successful candidate must be able to read technical drawings and specifications.
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented
- Possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility and critical tasks simultaneously
- Experience purchasing/sourcing of raw materials, fabricated metal parts, custom assemblies, and COTs items
- Previous team leadership experience
- Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage procurements
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2017, 4:25:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job