Full Time Employee Contractor
· Subject Matter Expert on assigned contracts and subcontracts to include areas not limited to contract modifications, contract compliance, contract requirements, proposal preparation, NDAs, TAs, and contract negotiation.
· Advises internal customers and management on contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
· Monitors contract performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations, and ensures that cost and technical objectives are being met.
· Recommends and/or takes appropriate actions to resolve contract performance difficulties.
· Requests amendments or modifications to contracts as required. Prepares and submits change proposals as required.
· Advises leadership of any contractual or performance difficulties and proposes appropriate action for resolution.
· Provides leadership, training, motivation and evaluation for assigned lower level employees.
· Responds to all external government requests, disputes and requirements to help resolve disputes between prime and subcontractors; facilitates contract closeouts; conducts contract diligence for group/corporate transactions; supports group/corporate name changes and novations of Government contracts, etc.
· Facilitates effective implementation of contract responsibilities within program objectives and requirements.
· Reviews and resolves all issues effecting company compliance and ensures satisfaction of contractual requirements, company, and customer objectives.
· Participates in proposal preparation activities. Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
· Must be a self starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced multi-tasking environment that is also a part of a contracts team with reporting responsibilities up the chain of command.
· Must be able to understand business and financial management, possess business writing skills and good working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITARS, international contracting practices, TAs and NDAs. Must have experience with all contract types such as FFP, CR, T&M, Fixed Fee, Award Fee, Incentive Fee, Award Term.