TACNET Fleet Services Senior Engineer EC (Job Number:428473)
SAIC is seeking a TACNET Fleet Service Senior Engineer EC in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Provide break/fix and installation IT support in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Related systems include ISNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, and SCI along with all associated installed applications.
- The position requires some travel, less than 30%, both US and international along with some off hours support.
- This support will involve both distance and onsite support.
- Candidate will interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Candidates will strive to provide top notch support with a focus on prompt repairs to improve the overall uptime of networks. Candidate will at times be required to: make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations to determine root cause analysis.
- Further, the candidate may analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Candidate conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. in related field desired and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of experience with no degree.
- IAT Level I (Security+)
- IAT Level II (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE,ect) or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Experience with ISNS or CANES or SCI or CENTRIXS or ADNS and all associated installed applications.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers or Window Server 2008/2008R2//2012/2012 R2
- Up to 30% travel
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job