Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Senior Enterprise Architect Data Modeller (Job Number:427667)
Intensive start-to-finish data model development for Enterprise Architecture. A Senior Data Architect who develops data architecture documents for a significant business system within the DOD (for a large ERP business system that connects to dozens of other systems). Supports a major Department of the Navy enterprise business system procurement.
Responsibilities will predominantly include:
- The production of enterprise architecture data information views (DIV-1 and DIV-2) and associated documents as a member of a Program Management Office support team.
- Data Architect who develops data architecture documents for a significant business system within the DOD (for a large business system that connects to dozens of other systems). Supports a major Department of the Navy enterprise business system procurement. Responsibilities will include the production of enterprise architecture data information views (DV-1 and DV- 2) and associated documents as a member of a Government program management office support team.
- Provides assistance and advice for development of ERP architecture and ensuring alignment with overarching Navy and DoD Enterprise Architectures.
- Develop System and Enterprise Architecture (EA) views and supporting artifacts, including Business Process models and integration of data model content, linking data to processes.
- Documents Architecture Management guidance to maintain the integrity of the architecture.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience.
- Has personally developed DIV-1 and DIV-2 data architecture documents for a significant business system 5 years of experience in business information systems and data architecture
- Strong data modeling skills
- Experience developing logical and physical data models
- Experience with DIV modeling tools such as UNICOM (formerly IBM) Rational System Architect and Erwin
- Experience with developing taxonomy, terms and definitions and controlled vocabularies
- Experience developing tailored briefings, presentations, and other documentation to support internal program audiences and senior staff
- Excellent client communications and interpersonal skills
- DOD Secret Clearance or eligibility for an Interim Secret
- Working knowledge of XML and data exchange standards (e.g., NIEM)
- Knowledge of national and international standards (including ISO suite of data and metadata related standards 11179 and 8000)
- Additional Desired Background Detail
- Knowledge of the DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF) or similar and experience creating DoDAF viewpoints for an enterprise system and making them available for review in a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing Enterprise Architectures and their alignment and traceability to their overarching architectures.
- Demonstrated experience producing conceptual and logical data models and incorporating them into holistic architectural representations compliant with the DoDAF framework.
- Previous experience performing analysis and producing documentation revealing the interdependencies between processes, technologies, applications and data.
- At least 2 years of experience with the IBM Rational System Architect modeling tool or similar in the last 12 years.
- Making DoDAF viewpoints for an enterprise system available for review in a variety of formats, including hyperlinked HTML pages.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Enterprise Architectures similar in scope to Navy ERP.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2017, 5:48:16 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job