Full Time Employee
IT Transport System Engineer(DISA) (Job Number:428557)
SAIC is currently seeking a IT Transport System Engineer to support engineering tasks upgrading DISA transport systems in Europe. Provide On-Site Engineering support at DISA facilities in Italy, United Kingdom and other European sites to be scheduled. The project requires travel for extended periods of 3 months and beyond.
Note: Transport System components include but are not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, AC/DC power, fiber optic patch panels and associated cabling.
Provide technical information (supported by pre-developed EIPs) to the installation team (1 Sr Installer and 2 Junior Installers) as required and also serve as a Subject Matter Expert in network equipment installation and testing.
As an IT Transport System Engineer, responsibilities include but are not limited to: installation and engineering management, engineering research, design/drawing (development, analysis, planning and scheduling), technical support and Quality Assurance / Quality Control. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform as an onsite extension of the EIP Engineering Team, providing technical information and guidance to installation team members and the Team Chief.
- Conduct quality control inspections of installations, including completion of DISA QC Checklist, QC Discrepancy Report, Customer Satisfaction Form, and Process Improvement Questionnaire, to include obtaining Government OSE and/or O&M Signatures (as required) and posting on project?s IDE site.
- Develop and submit accurate and timely redline drawings.
- Create/generate cable labels.
- Maintain Daily Log/Weekly Status Report (and submit to Ops, Lead Engineer, Theater Lead, and post on project?s IDE site each Thursday by COB).
- Act as the test lead and complete the Test Data Sheets (including coordinating Government OSE signature and posting on project?s IDE site).
- Provide additional support as required to the installation team.
- Submit report(s) for all failed items discovered during testing.
- Submit Trip report(s) at completion of OCONUS travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Electrical Engineering (EE) Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited university.
- Active US SECRET Security Clearance
- Active US passport at start of work.
- Knowledge and experience conducting installation of network equipment including associated structured cabling.
- Experience with Transport System components that include but are not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, AC/DC power, fiber optic patch panels and associated cabling.
- Knowledge and experience conducting structured cabling testing.
- Desired skills and knowledge:
- Ability to prepare technical documentation used for project reporting, development, implementation, transition, and testing of IT communications systems and cabling.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 1:00:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-AZ-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 100% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: Spain-AN-ROTA, Italy-Vicenza-VICENZA, Germany-BW-STUTTGART, United Kingdom-ENG-LONDON, Italy-Toscana-LIVORNO