Full Time Employee
IA/Cybersecurity Systems Engineer (Job Number:428670)
This Information Assurance/Cybersecurity role supports Protected MILSATCOM programs such as the Advanced EHF (AEHF) and Enhanced Polar System (EPS) programs for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), MILSATCOM Systems Directorate (MC) in Los Angeles, CA.
Key activities include:
- Provide systems engineering for ground and space system specifically in Cybersecurity, Cryptography, Information Assurance (IA), and Risk Management Framework Interpret interface control documents and system requirements and provide subject matter expertise to customer
- Perform security evaluation of contractor developed hardware, software, documentation,testing, and document evaluation findings in reports and briefings
- Evaluate and apply government cybersecurity (DoD, NIST, FIPS, and NSA) policies and instructions Ensure system and interface requirements support cybersecurity needs.
- Coordinate with system stakeholders to define IA related system integration needs and schedules, such as certification events and test and operational key needs.
- Provide testing support of cryptographic technologies and equipment in government and development contractor laboratories Prepare test cases, test scripts, test plans and procedures, data collection, lab infrastructure for cybersecurity functions and encryption key management technologies
- Develop and review test plans for cybersecurity key management adequacy.
- Participate in the system and segment level test and verification reviews and working groups.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
- Bachelor?s Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Familiarity with component and network cybersecurity systems, system engineering and requirements decomposition
- Preferred Experience Master's Degree in engineering or a related scientific or technical discipline 5 years? experience with cybersecurity requirements
- Expertise in communications systems and network engineering, Next Generation Encryption System, for applications id DoD, Coalition, Federal and Civil agencies, Cryptographic Modernization RDT&E support to provide technical engineering and logistics support, during all phases of the system development cycle, testing, production, fielding, and sustainment
- Previous experience supporting MILSATCOM satellite programs such as CCSC, Milstar, AEHF, UFO/E/EE, GBS, EPS, AFCPT, NMT, SMARTT, or other satellite programs
- Trained and certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01M, DoDI 8570.01 Possess a security certification such as CISSP, CISA, CIMS, CAP, Security+, CEH *CA* (for internal purposes only)
- Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type FullTime/ Regular Clearance Level Required US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2017, 9:07:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job