Full Time Employee
Oracle E-Business Suite Chief Engineer (Job Number:427162)
Oracle EBS Chief Engineer - The candidate will serve as the Chief Engineer for a highly customized large DoD system hosted in a third party data center and support over 25,000 enterprise users worldwide. The system integrates Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Identify Management, Fusion Middleware, and other Oracle products, and running on Oracle Exadata Stack v5. Oracle Application Implementation Methodology (AIM) / Oracle unified Method (OUM) are used to manage the application development. There are multiple ongoing efforts as well as enhancements envisioned for the system. Those include:
- Upgrade to Oracle EBS R12 from the current 11i.
- Refresh of the current hardware
- Migration to a new data center
- Migration to Cloud Services including Platform as a Service
- Participate as the key technical person to support those above initiatives. Supports include overseeing the technical direction of the project, developing plans and schedules, managing the technical teams, and communicating with all stakeholders including program management, functional users, and vendors.
- Lead pilot projects as requested by the client that explore technical initiatives, such as migrating to cloud services.
- Prepare and attend routine Technical Interchange Meetings and Integrated Product Team meetings to present status, technical solutions, and challenges.
- Mandatory Skills Strong communication and presentation skills Oracle EBS experience and integration with other Oracle products technical experience in a network operations or IT operations center. experience directing 50 or more technical staff members
- The position requires strong knowledge in Oracle products, their lifecycles and migration paths, ability to plan ahead and lead the team to execute timely to maintain within the product lifecycle support schedule, understanding of Cyber Security implications, and be proactive in issue resolution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Oracle EBS experience and integration with other Oracle products technical experience in a network operations or IT operations center. experience directing 50 or more technical staff members
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 14 years related experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Desired Oracle E-Business Suite Certification ITIL v3 Expert Certification IAT Level II Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2017, 3:13:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-STAFFORD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job