Network Engineer (Job Number:428719)
SAIC is currently hiring multiple Network Engineers in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and Network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May evaluate new technology. Conducts testing of Network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of Network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Will also assume managerial tasks as assigned.
Typical Education and Experience: Bachelor?s degree and 5 or more years of experience. Four (4) years of relevant work experience may be used in lieu of a degree. Masters and three (3) years or more related experience; PhD and 0 years? experience.
- Capable of operating cyber range and IT lab testing environments.
- Creating and editing of user accounts.
- Imaging and distribution of computers.
- Running cable (cat 5, cat6 and fiber).
- Termination of cat 5 cable.
- Connection of cables to hubs, routers, switches.
- Support end-users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with Network services, software system engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Respond to incidents within the defined response times by the Help Desk Operations.
- Experience with Server and Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) management and configuration
- Experience with VSphere Virtual environment management and configuration
- CompTIA A+, Net+, or Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) ? routing and switching
Clearance: TS/SCI Poly
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 23, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job