Full Time Employee
System Safety Engineer (BMS) (Job Number:428704)
SAIC is seeking a System Safety Engineer experienced with MIL-STD-882 requirements, to provide systems analyses and technical services in the areas of system safety, risk assessment, and Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health (ESOH), including but not limited to, weapon system safety, environmental safety, and related safety engineering in support the Navy's Battle Management System Program.
Job Functions Include:
- System safety analyses of hardware and software in a variety of US Navy ]weapons and combat systems IAW MIL-STD-882.
- Technical Safety Review and Documentation Analysis techniques to include Fault Tree Analyses, Failure Modes and Hazardous Effects Analyses, Inadvertent Launch Analyses, and other techniques as required.
- Prepare and / or update Safety Assessment Reports and Risk Assessment Reports
- Review and analysis of system safety management and program plans, safety analyses, accident and incident data, mishap investigation reports, safety test plans and results, and other ESOH related data
- Prepare risk assessment reports, safety assessment reports, and technical data packages and presentation materials for safety review boards including the Weapon System Explosives Safety Review Board (WSESRB), Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP), Laser Safety Review Board (LSRB) and others as required
- Prepare and/or modify System Safety Program Plans (SSPPs) and System Safety Management Plans (SSMPs)
- Conduct or review safety assessment of new, updated, and/or modified combat and weapon system hardware and software, waivers, and exemption requests
- Assess system test documentation for incorporation of safety related testing to verify safety requirements.
- Perform operational analyses and studies to identify potential deficiencies in weapon operating procedures, ordnance handling procedures, stowage or other logistics phases involving ordnance, safety procedures, etc. and make specific recommendations for their resolution.
- Support includes, but is not limited to, providing expert technical assistance in the preparation of document text, expert technical review of documents, review, correlation and adjudication of comments received on technical documents, and preparation of final drafts of these documents for publication.
- Provide support in the production of materials and presentations including development of workbooks, presentation materials, tests, and study guides.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 23, 2017, 7:43:38 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-KING GEORGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job