Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer (Job Number:428744)
Space Systems Engineer and Acquisition Professional SAIC is seeking a junior to mid-level experienced Space Systems Engineer and Acquisition Professional to provide systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Superiority Systems Directorate. SMC/SY equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position desires an individual with experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. Specifically this position desires a candidate with experience in Space Situational Awareness (SSA), Battle Management Command, Control and Communications (BMC3) Operations, experience in Air Force or Military C2 and Ground Systems Architecture, as well as experience with space based data products and the process of creating ICDs for data exchanges between multiple organizations. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense?s and rapidly evolving customer needs. The position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance (DoD preferred).
Routine tasks include:
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability. Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate ?commander?s intent? and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering. Assess viability from a programmatic, business, acquisition, and technical execution perspective.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Guides the successful completion of major programs.
Working location: Position is co-located with Air Force Customer at Space and Missiles System Center (SMC), LAAFB, El Segundo, CA
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 2 years or more experience; Hard Sciences or Engineering Masters and one years or more experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is mandatory.
- Ability to use Analytical Graphics STK, MatLab, C++, and Microsoft Project at better than entry level highly desired.
- Prior military a plus and/or familiarity with the military structure and method of executing space acquisitions.
- Prior experience in military space program office highly desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2017, 5:00:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job