Enterprise Architect (Job Number:428796)
The Architecture, Strategy, and Design Technical Lead will facilitate and improve the alignment of customer requirements with computing infrastructure business, security, and operational strategies across an integrated set of service providers. The Architecture, Strategy, and Design Technical Lead will focus on business outcomes by linking service assets, services and customers, employing infrastructure standards, performance engineering and capacity planning practices to reduce and prevent duplication of data, applications, systems, workload and services. Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Specific responsibilities of this position include providing leadership and management of an Architecture, Strategy, and Design Team that ensures efficient and cost-effective engineering, development, and transition services responsive to CBP requirements, including: ¥ Developing the Commonwealth?s Service Strategy that defines the high-level approach to offering services to the Customers; driving service offerings and envisioning future service offerings.
- The ASD Technical lead will undertake Service Strategy processes in order take a long-term view of the business value of the Tower Services.
- This includes implementing and supporting key ITIL based best practices for; Service Strategy Generation and Management, IT Planning, and Service Portfolio Management Supporting the Service Design and Coordination processes in order in the design and development of new or changed Services provided by other service providers and based on Customer?s business requirements for introduction into a Production Environment.
- This work will coordinate all service design activities, processes and resources with various Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) processes to ensure the consistent and effective design of new or changed IT services, Service Management Systems, architectures, technology, processes, information and metrics.
- This includes implementing and supporting key ITIL based best practices for; Service Design, Availability Management, Capacity Management, Security Management, and IT Continuity Management. Establishing and undertaking Continual Service Improvement program and processes in order to manage improvements to Service performance by continually measuring, reporting and coordinating service results.
- This includes implementing and supporting key ITIL based best practices for; Service Review and Reporting, Process Evaluation and Currency, Service Measurement and Quality Assurance, Improvement Planning, Technical Innovation, and Technical Currency.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master?s degree in a related technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Telecommunications.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Three years or more experience in service management
- Experience with a service management system
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to Government officials
- Strong analytical and written/oral reporting and presentation skills
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in supporting a large, complex IT environment for a Federal Government or State agency
- Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures)
- Experience with the design, adherence, and implementation of IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
- ITIL Expert Certification
- Project Management Professional
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to peers and leaders
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 27, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job