Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
System Administrator (Active Directory) (VG01052) (Job Number:428919)
SAIC has an opening for an AD System Administrator located in Washington, DC.
The Vanguard 2.2.1 program is seeking a qualified professional to perform as an operations technical resource in support of the Department of State?s (DoS) Bureau of Information and Resource Management (IRM). The operations organization provides administrator levels 1/2/3 Information Technologies (IT) support for Microsoft active directory and domain controllers? technologies to domestic and overseas embassies and consulates.
The candidate will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of production systems. This includes proactive and corrective maintenance duties, incident management, event management, service request fulfillment, problem management and performance management. The position also requires the proven ability to ensure the highest standard of system maintenance, monitor system performance, install windows server software (patches, etc.), maintain reliable system operation, system availability, training sessions for other level 1 operations staff and support the change management procedures.
Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and management of applicable security compliance with the system technical implementation guideline standards (STIGs) and functional requirements for the Classified closed environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
The team performs end-user support, incident and service request management, maintenance and monitoring to ensure quality delivery of services to IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis.
A current Secret or interim TS security clearance is required for consideration.
Description of Duties Ops Level 2:
- Responsible to meeting performance and Operations based metrics implemented via Remedy for Service Request Completion, Incident response, incident resolution, Queue Management Accuracy and Customer satisfaction
- Perform corrective maintenance services to include system recovery, Domain Controller rebuild and QA checks before turning system over for monitoring
- Perform Problem Management for all systems and document issues/finding and escalating to level 3 as needed
- Actively participating in knowledge Management changes to ensure Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and provide training to level 1 personnel
- Ensure all troubleshooting steps taken are documented before escalating unresolved incidents/tickets to level 3 staff
- Ensure all required reporting is completed correctly, edited, proofread and ready for dissemination. To include staff?s production tickets (daily/weekly/monthly tickets received, tickets closed, tickets pending, etc.), turnover information, daily shift change log, and issues reports
- Perform Domain Controller upgrade/rebuild, Support DNS/DHCP troubleshooting and management, backup/restore the active directory environment, maintaining domain controller risk scores, hard drive expansion on virtual drives, Administer OU and rights delegation, troubleshooting GPO issues, schedule patch deployment and perform verification checks
- Ensure services manager is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues to avoid surprising management personnel
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Possess a positive attitude in identifying problems, take ownership, and provide solutions
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables
- Possess an inclination for critical thinking and analytical approaches to solving problems dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information with the ability to reach sound decisions quickly
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views as well as gives and welcomes feedback
- Experience performing requirements analysis, system patching, testing and management of complex IT systems
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently and think outside the box
- Experience working with customers to capture/document requirements.
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Some familiarity with DoS processes.
- System Administrator certifications
- Microsoft Active Directory and Domain Controller skills and/or networking certifications
- Ability to apply ISO 20K/ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Strong writing skills
Shift Schedule: Day shift Monday - Friday
Travel: Occasional travel (up to 10%) may be required within the Washington DC metro area.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 30, 2017, 8:20:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job