Full Time Employee
Senior Combat Arms Analyst, Opposing Forces (OPFOR) Branch Head (Job Number:428826)
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate the efforts of contractor personnel in their replication of an OPFOR of an appropriate size and composition commensurate with event design and scenario development.
- The OPFOR functions as a "thinking enemy" during events to help provide a realistic, challenging training environment.
- Supervise the conduct of research on threat capabilities, doctrine, and organization to support detailed mission planning in order to develop a complete concept of operations documented in a Fragmentary Order.
- Supervise development and verify the accuracy of the OPFOR database for employment in the Simulation- supported Command Post Exercise (CPX).
- Supervise and manage an OPFOR operations cell (including, but not limited to, future operations, current operations, fires, intelligence, and logistics) to coordinate operations, combat assessment, and execution planning during conduct of the CPX.
- Supervise preparation of Fragmentary Orders to initiate/coordinate the activities of OPFOR subordinate units during execution.
- Determine required effort to complete tasking.
- Make necessary adjustments to support scripted exercises to include Mission Rehearsal Exercises (MRX).
- Recommend travel plan to support events away from resident site.
- Provide analysis during events and attend conferences and meetings at both the resident site and other locations off-site.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommend a lesser classification for use in events, models simulations, demonstrations, reports, and/or briefings.
- Participate in the Joint exercise design process, attend conferences, and provide input to the scenario development process up to the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security level.
- Research current TS/SCI level information of potential threat-force orders-of-battle, as well as those forces' capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions, especially in the area of Radio Electronic Combat.
- Coordinate with the Intelligence Coordination Cell and Marine Air- Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Temporary Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (T-SCIF) for use of TS/SCI information in MAGTF Staff Training Program (MSTP)-supported Marine Expeditionary Force Exercises and MRXs.
- Screen/review T-SCIF products developed to represent the OPFOR. Coordinate with the Site Security Officer and Senior Intelligence Officer prior to including/injecting any information obtained within the T-SCIF into MSTP-supported exercises.
- Candidate must be eligible for at least a top-secret clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps Command and Staff College or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Minimum eight years? operational involvement in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years? demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Minimum three years? experience in DoD modeling and simulation.
- Minimum three years? experience in military training and education.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Direct participation in real world operations.
- Major in operations research, computer science, management, military science, political science, or equivalent area.
- Master's degree desirable.
- Attendance at School of Advanced Warfighting or Naval War College is preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 30, 2017, 12:25:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job