Full Time Employee
Senior Research Scientist (Job Number:428853)
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Research Scientist.
- Assist with conducting research and experimentation in support of the core sciences within NGA (e.g. photogrammetry, remote sensing, mathematical and statistical).
- Assist with designing and executing experiments to proof-of- concepts in both laboratory and operational environments.
- Apply scientific domain knowledge to the development of innovative and original algorithms and techniques that are required for the success of Agency as the Functional Manager for GEOINT.
- Assist with conducting research and development projects in which the scientific research aspect dominates. This may include working with contractor scientists and other domain experts.
- Explain important and relevant scientific issues and trends to non-technical audiences (e.g., operational, leadership and management personnel).
- Provides this information both verbally and in writing.
- Take the initiative in identifying these issues and trends and prepares research proposals for management.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors within a core science area and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Computer programming skills in multiple languages.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence community focused on state of the art GEOINT research and developmental activities.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in researching and developing geospatial solutions for photogrammetry and remote sensing.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in the following areas: Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Image Intelligence (IMINT), Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), and deep-space projects.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated specialized experience working with various Intelligence Community and Demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence and defense communities working on state of the art research activities.
- Advanced Degree(s) in a technical or scientific field.
- Published author in peer review journal(s).
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering tools to write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Demonstrated specialized experience developing and modifying software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying system flows and work processes.
- Demonstrated specialized experience working with other systems analysts and programmers to design system.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 29, 2017, 2:12:09 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job