Full Time Employee
Computer Scientist, Cryptography Technical SETA (Job Number:429014)
Provide Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to a Government Program Manager (PM) in the technical execution of an R&D program. Provide independent subject matter expertise support to the Government PM in the review and assessment of program performance, technical deliverables, and program and performer publications based on a strong understanding of programming languages and compiler development, cryptography, and systems security analysis. Responsibilities include:
- Provide program management support in coordinating, aligning, and scheduling technology development tasks across multiple performers. Provide support in assessing program performers? technical progress in relation to planned cost and schedule.
- Review relevant technical literature and emerging technologies and continuously survey and summarize relevant community research for the Government PM.
- Assist with coordination among potential mission and transition partners.
- Assist in the coordination of cross-community R&D to reduce redundancy and to assist in the transfer of technology.
- Advise the Government PM in the areas of cryptographic protocols, secure data devices, programming languages, and system security.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for other technology/program developmental activities, including managing program evaluations program plans.
- Review and summarize BAA proposals and report results.
- Assist in the creation of Memoranda of Agreement and Memoranda of Understanding with the technology partners.
- Provide assistance in drafting program briefings and other program management requirements.
- Assist with developing test and evaluation plans and assess performer work using established protocols.
- Assist in testing and evaluation.
- Provide technical support and expertise for special program studies and other work in related areas. ?
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS degree in Mathematics, computer science, cryptography, or related field with 12+ years of experience. PhD candidates with 9+ years of experience are preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in at least two of the following: programming language and compiler development, cryptography, and systems security analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in design, development, and test of complex software systems within the past 10 years.
- Experience with program management tools and processes
- Ability to write and speak concisely and persuasively
- Ability to accurately convey technical and scientific concepts and issues to persons with varying levels of expertise
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2017, 6:02:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLLEGE PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job