Biological Engineer Technical SETA (Job Number:429013)
Provide Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to the Government Program Manager (PM) in the technical execution of the program. Provide independent subject matter expertise support to the Government PM in the review and assessment of program performance, technical deliverables, and program and performer publications based on a strong understanding of biology, bioinformatics, and multidisciplinary science. Responsibilities include:
- Provide program management coordinating, aligning, and scheduling technology development tasks across multiple performers. Provide support in assessing program performers? technical progress in relation to planned cost and schedule.
- Review biometric literature and emerging technologies and continuously survey and summarize relevant community research for the Government PM.
- Assist with developing test and evaluation plans and assess performer work using established protocols.
- Participate in in conferences, workshops related to biological engineering and the detection of bio-engineered products.
- Assist with coordination among potential mission and transition partners.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for other technology/program developmental activities, including support for program studies.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in a biological science with 9+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in biological research
- Experience with program management tools and processes
- Experience with managing a multi?agency, multi?disciplinary test and evaluation team
- Ability to write and speak concisely and persuasively
- Ability to accurately convey technical and scientific concepts and issues to persons with varying levels of expertise
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLLEGE PARK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job