Full Time Employee
Ground Combat Vehicle CAD Designer - Sterling Heights, MI (Job Number:429077)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a CAD Designer to support an ARMY customer in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The CAD Designer is responsible for creating technical design drawings using specialized software. Reviews and integrates approved customer requirements into computer-generated designs, following company policies and industry procedures when incorporating technical specifications into master files. Assesses feasibility of design and recommends appropriate changes to enhance manufacturability.
Monitors data holdings and existing drawings to verify customer drawing standards. Prioritizes relevant tasks and schedules documentation reviews. Tracks the progress of completed work and reports team?s progress to project leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Experience working with CAD files
- In-depth knowledge of ground combat vehicle systems engineering.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
- SECRET: Currently Possess; Preferred
- SECRET: Able to Obtain: Required
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel % Required: <20%
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 11:08:45 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-STERLING HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job