Full Time Employee
IT Security Engineer (Job Number:428977)
The successful candidate will perform a variety of IT System Security tasks which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design and implementation of hardware, software and support facilities and/or equipment; will perform with some latitude to accomplish assigned and self-directed duties; will review and assess complex systems where the security of the infrastructure and data is paramount; plan and perform research and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications; is responsible for supporting technical security and security engineering of major projects and projects of lesser complexity. The successful candidate must provide a leadership role, establishing best practices to apply across the Space Network. Candidate must be able to work in a highly structured, mission centric, operations facility in a fast paced demanding environment managing multiple complex tasks in cooperation with the ISSO and FSO. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility to support the ISSO by providing required artifacts in fulfillment of NASA/FISMA and System Authorization IT Security requirements.
- Provide support for facilitating secure architecture on new WSC systems. Assist implementation engineers by providing consultation concerning the, design and implementation of security related to IT systems.
- Assess and evaluate IT systems and recommend changes for threats, risks and vulnerabilities. Maintain traceability through final resolution. Perform required tasks and develop documents and artifacts to support the NASA SA&A process and as requested by the ISSO.
- Perform system and subsystem vulnerability scans in accordance with NASA standards and policies.
- Develop CIS Benchmark style hardening checklists and verify and document system hardening.
- Provide a variety of Information Security (INFOSEC) research and analysis activities relative to on-going IT Security initiatives as directed.
- Assure NASA required documentation infrastructure to ensure compliance with all related Public Laws and NASA/FISMA requirements in guiding the implementation of IT Systems.
- Apply knowledge of network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology to various system engineering activities
- Provide support as requested on issues relative to information security activities including policy development, compliance inspections, audits, reviews and communications security
- Will be a sitting member of the Configuration Review Board.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience; Masters and 0 years experience.
- Experience supporting Windows XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008R2 is required
- Experience with Windows and Linux System Baselining, Hardening, and Patching
- Experience with writing IT Security and/or IT Systems process and plan documentation
- Ability to travel up to 25%
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2017, 6:46:19 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job